So, I saw this on Pinterest and thought it looked quite easy!
I’ve started making a stripe blanket out of these 3 colours:
Here is what I’ve done so far!
- First chain 5.
- Inset hook into first stitch and do a slip stitch to form a circle.
- Chain 4 (this will act as your first triple crochet.
- Complete 4 clusters of 3 triples with 3 chains on the corners.
- Change your colour for the next 3 rows.
- On these rows you must chain 1 between each cluster.
- Change colour again.
- Complete one more row of clusters as before to form a border. (I did a row of 2 as my boarder)
Repeat to make 5 granny squares.
- Attach your squares into an L type shape.
- Attach all edges to the bottom square until you have a bag!
- I added a little trimming to the top edge. Just a double crochet stitch.
- Add a row of double crochet handles and your done!
Mind is a larger bag than the one I found on Pinterest but I wanted to fit more yarn in it. It’s a little messy but as a first attempt I’m happy!